Studebaker History

Studebaker History2019-01-01T09:40:38+09:30

1940 Studebaker Hearse

Purchased by Barossa Funerals from a Studebaker enthusiast in Pearcedale, Victoria.

The vehicle was manufactured as a Commander sedan in South Bend, in the state of Indiana in America, and converted as a new vehicle to a hearse by GH Olding & Sons, Coach Builders, Parramatta Road, Glebe in Sydney (Serial No C 955) for JC Swords & Son Funerals.

The odometer read 32,276 miles and is powered by a 226 cubic inch straight six cylinder engine.

This photograph was taken in April 2006 on the day of arrival in Tanunda.